Special Build of the Year 2018
Welcome to Special Build of the Year 2018, in association with Venhill Engineering. We're looking for the UK's 10 best home-built specials made in the last 12 months. Here's what we're after and how to put yourself in the frame to win the £1000 first prize.
Have you built an amazing special in the last year? Fancy the chance of winning £1000? Here’s how. We’re looking for ingenious machines, built with engineering excellence plus unique design and a stunning finish. If that’s your bike, we want to hear from you.
All entries for the Practical Sportsbikes Special Build of the Year in association with Venhill must be received by us no later than 1 March 2018. The 10 finalists will be picked by PS staff, then the overall winner will be decided by PS readers and visitors to the MCN Festival, and announced at the Festival on 20 May. Competition is open to UK entrants only.
- Must be based on a frame, engine or both from the 1970s, ’80s or ’90s
- Can be any capacity from 50cc upwards
- Majority must be built by the owner – shop-built specials not eligible
- Must be finished, road legal, MoT’d and available for us to ride should the machine be voted the winner
- Must be available to come to Peterborough for a photoshoot, and also available for display at the 2018 MCN Festival of Motorcycling in Peterborough on 19-20 May
Terms and conditions:
1. Entries close on 1 March. The 2018 winner will be picked by PS readers (email votes and at MCN Festival) and the winner announced on 20 May at the Festival. 2. This competition is open to all entrants aged 16 or over and resident in the UK. 3. The prize is £1000. 4. No purchase is necessary. To enter send your completed form to Special Build of the Year 2017, Practical Sportsbikes, Media House, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA. 5. By entering this competition you are giving permission to Bauer Media Group (the publisher) to keep you up to date by email with offers and promotions. 6. Full terms and conditions can be found here.